Our twice yearly Training Awards held to celebrate the achievement of staff in gaining a wide range of qualifications took place on 20th November 2009. Achievers invited to be congratulated on their hard work and commitment to personal development included:
- 60 care staff for their NVQ2 in Health and Social Care.
- 24 care team managers and night care team managers for the Level 3 in Health and Social Care.
- 1 administrator for NVQ2 in Business and Administration.
- 1 cook for NVQ2 in Food Processing and Cooking.
- 8 people had gained their A1 Assessors Award.
- 12 cooks and chef managers for the Intermediate Food Safety Certificate.
- 70 care staff for their BTEC Level 2 Award in Dementia Care.
- 22 members of the home management teams for the QC Certificate in Dementia Care.
- 28 home managers, regional managers and operational service managers for the Level 3 NOCN Award in Leadership in Dementia Care.
A highlight was one of Activity Worker Julie Flinty's entertaining account of how she had gained and benefited from undertaking the NAPA Level 2 Award in the Provision of Activities. The presentation of certificates was followed by afternoon tea for all in the historic Knebworth Barns Conference Centre.