On Friday 14th May Quantum Care held its fourth Annual Care Award Ceremony. This year we were honoured to have special presenters Paul Dunnery, Area Manager of East Anglia and Central for the Alzheimers Society, and County Councillor Chris Hayward, Deputy Executive for Adult Care and Health, Hertfordshire County Council.
Over 200 staff and guests attended on the night. Following an evening meal there was an Oscar-style ceremony where the winners of each category were presented with a trophy and a certificate. All runners up were precented with a bouquet of flowers.
Maria Ball, Chief Executive of Quantum Care said "we are very proud of our staff and these awards really give us the opportunity to publicly thank them for the fantastic work they do in our homes".
- Care Newcomer 2009, Dawn Curtis, Belmont View.
- Carer of the Year, nights 2009, Emmanuel Chabala, Courtland Lodge.
- Carer of the Year, days 2009, Maureen Bonney, Elmhurst.
- Activity Worker 2009, Annette Caminade, Sue O'Brien and Sophie Anthony, Courtland Lodge.
- Houskeeping Team 2009, Vesta Lodge.
- Catering Team 2009, Richard Cox House.
- Special Recognition Award, Heath House, Vesta Lodge.
- Grand Champion of Dementia Care 2009, Mohinda Dosanjh, Freeman House.
- Leadership Award 2009, Julie Oakley-Reid, Jane Campbell House.
- Outstanding Contribution in Supporting Homes 2009, Ann Whall, Fourfields.
- Lifetime Achievement Award 2009, Martin Carolan, Richard Cox House.